Hosts Jim Connelly, Derek Schooley, and Ed Trefzger look at this past weekend’s games and news.
This podcast is sponsored by DCU – Digital Federal Credit Union – at dcu.org
• Minnesota State/Bemidji State overtime fiasco
• Is Minnesota Duluth ready for another run?
• Are the Michigan Wolverines now playing their best hockey?
• How far can Harvard go?
• UMass fights for a second title, but how about UConn?
• AIC gets its third straight Jack Riley trophy
• Bracket reaction: seeds, locations, start times
• Best first-round match ups?
• Most likely No. 4 over No. 1 upsets
Jim Connelly is a senior writer at USCHO.com and has been with the site since 1999. He is based in Boston and regularly covers Hockey East. He began with USCHO.com as the correspondent covering the MAAC, which nowadays is known as Atlantic Hockey. Each week during the season, he co-writes “Tuesday Morning Quarterback.” Jim is the winner of the 2012 Joe Concannon award. He is a color analyst for UMass-Lowell hockey’s radio network and an analyst for NESN.
Ed Trefzger has been part of USCHO since 1999 and now serves as a senior writer and director of technology. He is the radio play-by-play voice for Rochester Institute of Technology hockey on the RIT Tigers Sports Network, and has been involved with the broadcasts as a producer, studio host, and color commentator since their inception. He is co-owner and president of broadcasting company Genesee Media, and was general manager of the former Rochester, N.Y., sports radio station 97.5 The Team.